Saturday, January 11, 2020

Amtrak


Description: On more than one occasion, while traveling to New Jersey for business, I've gotten snowed in.  I'd be flying home on a Thursday night with a flight already booked to fly back to New Jersey on the following Monday morning.  Normally, if you get snowed in, you stay in a hotel overnight, and fly out the next day.  But sometimes they look you in the face and say that they can't get you out until the following Tuesday.

This has happened a few times.  There is a commuter train that you can take from Newark airport right into Penn Station in Manhattan.  And you can get an Amtrak train from Penn Station to Buffalo.  So, that's what I would do.  I'd have to stay over night, and the train ride was 8 hours long or so.  I wouldn't get home until Friday night, but it was better than Tuesday morning.

I'd have to get lunch on the train.  One time I saw they had playing cards.  And here they are. Then another time, I got another deck.  The second deck below does not have an outer sleeve.

Number of decks: 2

Open?: Yes